I am very certain I learn something new every day. Something I use or do daily practically, that I am doing either wrong or I could do better. I love to learn, so its kinda exciting 🙂
1. You unload canned drinks into your fridge one at a time.
Here’s the right way to do it: You can unload an entire case of soda or beer in just a few seconds by opening both sides of the box and pushing the cans through as you slip the box out.
2. You take aluminum foil out of the package and tear it off.
funsterz.com, BuzzFeed, barcoo.com
Here’s the right way to do it: On almost every box of aluminum foil, there’s a perforated tab on either side. Punch those in to keep the roll in place in the box, and just take as much foil as you need with ease.
3. You break pieces off a Toblerone bar outward.
Twitter: @Toblerone, youtube.com
Here’s the right way to do it: It’s way easier and neater to push the piece in toward the other pieces.
4. While cooking, you always put the cooking spoon beside or on the pot.
Twitter: @DirectAppliance, fuckyeahlifehacks.tumblr.com
Here’s the right way to do it: Most pots have a small hole on the handle. You can use it as a little holster for your spoon.
5. You put the hair clip into your hair with the corrugated side facing up.
Twitter: @seventeensvt526, Coprid / Getty Images
Here’s the right way to do it: The corrugated side should be facing the scalp, so that the hair clip can get a better grip on the hair.
6. You pour Tic Tacs from the package into your mouth, or into your hand.
Twitter: @IrisVogt, Twitter: @oxruon
Here’s the right way to do it: On the underside of most little Tic Tac doors, there is a small indentation. With this, you can elegantly take out just one Tic Tac.
7. You eat your cupcake as it comes.
Twitter: @YouTubeIndia, Twitter: @akwesq
Here’s the right way to do it: If you want to avoid a mess, tear the top half of the cupcake off, and stick the bottom bit of cake on top. Now you’ve got yourself a tidy little cupcake sandwich.
8. You always pluck the stem off of your strawberries with your fingers.
Here’s the right way to do it: Use a straw or chopstick to poke up through the strawberry and totally remove the stem.
9. You hold your burger with one hand when you eat it.
Twitter: @derridalicious, youtube.com / Via foodbeast.com
Here’s the right way to do it: Your thumbs and pinkies belong on the bottom of the burger. The rest of your fingers stay on top. This way, the toppings will never slip out again.
10. You cross out something with a straight line.
Here’s the right way to do it: If you really don’t want someone to be able to read what you’ve crossed out, write over mistakes with other words or scribbles. It makes your errors much harder to decipher.
11. You cut your bread from top to bottom.
Here’s the right way to do it: Turn your bread upside down before you slice it. It gives you a larger and more even cutting surface.
12. You simply put your straw into the can.
Here’s the right way to do it: Put the straw through tab on the can, and turn it so the straw is held in place. That way the carbonation won’t keep constantly lifting the straw out of the can.
13. You hold a piece of pizza straight.
io9.com / Via quora.com
Here’s the right way to do it: Give the crust a bit of a pinch when you pick it up. The slice will stay horizontal and your toppings will stay put.
14. You pour your Chinese takeout out of the containers it comes in before eating it.
Twitter: @DpArtino5, youtube.com
Here’s the right way to do it: if you unfold the takeout container, it becomes a little paper plate you can eat it off of.
15. You struggle to untie a plastic bag that you’ve tied to something.
jumaklavita / Via reddit.com
Here’s the right way to do it: Twist the free end of the loop and push it through the knot to untie it easily.
16. You pour your juice with the opening on the bottom.
Here’s the right way to do it: If you pour your juice from the top, it’s easier to control the flow and cut the flow off neatly and quickly.
17. You put your roll on the wall with the free end on the inside.
CC BY-SA / creativecommons.org / Via de.wikipedia.org, Twitter: @OroroPro
Here’s the right way to do it: The free end belongs on the outside of the roll. Look, the original patent from1891 even says that’s the right way to do it.
18. You throw your shopping bags into the shopping cart.
nikkeberger / Via instagram.com, Twitter: @LifeHacks
Here’s the right way to do it: Look for little tabs on the cart, right behind the child seat. You can actually hang bags off of them to really optimize for space inside your cart as you’re wheeling it out to your car.
19. When you want a cool beverage quickly, you throw your drink in the freezer and hope for the best.
Twitter: @Inte, BuzzFeed
Here’s the right way to do it: The fastest way to cool down a bottle is to wrap it in a wet paper towel and put it in the fridge (or freezer, if you’re really desperate).
20. When you reheat leftover pasta, you just throw it all in as one heaping pile of noodles.
Twitter: @CorinneKenward, OMGpolly / Via reddit.com
Here’s the right way to do it: When reheating, try spreading your pasta out into the shape of a doughnut. It’ll heat up much more evenly.
21. You try jamming your hand in the Pringles can, or pouring it out to get to your chips.
Here’s the right way to do it: Fold up a piece of paper into a sleeve, and slip it into the can alongside the chips. Then tilt the can and pull the paper sleeve out to get at your chips much more cleanly.
22. You just take a wild guess at what side of the car your gas tank is on every time you pull into the gas station.
jassy_in_pictures / Via
Here’s the right way to do it: There’s usually an indicator on the gas gauge that shows what side the gas cap is on. Take a look.
Need more buzz like this in your life? Sign up for the BuzzFeed Today newsletter!
Like this: Like Loading...