Ok. I made ‘Homemade Easy Kolaches’. They are delicious and easy.
Instead of making the dough from scratch I used pre made Pillsbury Biscuits (the type that come in a can 5 or 8 ct.).
- 1 Small Can, 5 count, Regular Size Pillsbury Biscuits
- 1 Large Can, 8 count, Grande Size Pillsbury Biscuits
- 1 Egg (for use as wash on dough, and to seal the dough
- 1 Pack Smokies Sausage (I used beef)
- 1 Pack Jalapeños Sausage Links (they are the size of a hot dog)
- 1 Pack Sliced Smoked Cheddar (you can use whatever favorite semi hard or soft cheese you like)
- 1 Pack Sliced Sharp Cheddar (you can use whatever favorite semi hard or soft cheese you like)
- 1 Jar Pickled Jalapeños
Separate a biscuit, place on a lightly floured surface to flatten out like dough for a pizza.
Take 1 half slice of cheese fold it, place on edge of rolled out lightly floured biscuit dough.
Place meat on cheese.
Add any other ingredients.
Roll 1 time, fold in edges, roll until almost closed.
Apply wash on inside edge, complete rolling.
Place on a Parchment Sheet covered baking sheet.
Brush egg wash coat all over each Kolache to be baked.
Bake til golden on 350°. Roughly 8-10 minutes bake time.
I serve mine with Dijon Mustard. Horseradish Mustard would be great too.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments in the comment section.
Below are pictures from the from scratch version with the recipe.
Allrecipes version from scratch, Sausage Kolaches. – Click the link below for that recipe.